Lenny & Larry’s cookies are delicious. I’m going to get that right on out there at the start.
I’ve been eating one almost every day since last Spring- something that I really don’t want you to share with my dentist. And here’s why.
Are Lenny & Larry’s Complete Cookies Actually Healthy?
The answer is a basically a big fat NO.
They have well over 20 grams of sugar, only 8 grams of protein per serving, and are loaded with less-than-healthy fats that, well, will make you pretty fat if you use them just to eat on a day-to-day basis as a snack. Here are some macros for your enjoyment:
Per Full Size Complete Cookie:
Okay. So. To all my ‘If it fits your macros’ crew:
First of all. You guys are ridiculous. And it is my personal theory that you use IIFYM as a cop out to just eat garbage diets. “So what”. You say. “er”. “I don’t know”. I say. Because I know you guys are actually just doing that. You eat whatever you want, and since you track it against a bodybuilders macro intake- you all actually look pretty good. And of course you all probably have some genetic advantages and fast metabolism too, so I hate you. Lol. But.
Guys. Lenny & Larry’s Complete Cookies are not healthy. I know. “But they’re natural”. Who cares. So is butter. And coconut oil. And honey. But try eating most of your calories from those three things and see what happens. You will get hellah fat. And you will get fat from Lenny & Larry’s cookies too. Unless. Unless. You eat them as a pre workout, right?
Are Lenny & Larry’s Cookies Good Pre Workout Nutrition?
Again, not really. You’ve probably seen your favorite youtuber eat one or two of these cookies in their vlog. Or on their snapchat. But guess what? They are probably paid to do that, and the other thing to keep in mind is that their full time job is basically to work out and look good. So. Yeah. They’ll talk about how fast carbs are perfect for their pre or post workout nutrition since all the fast sugar helps them get energy or replenish their muscle glycogen. But. Here’s the thing.
Simply put- their two hour workouts afford them the calories to eat those dang Lenny & Larry’s cookies. For us common folk- it takes three of our BBG workouts to burn off one single Lenny & Larry’s Complete Cookie.
But. You don’t care about my ramblings. You’re going to eat a darn Lenny & Larry’s cookie. So just tell me the best flavor you stupid! Lol. I know. I know. Guys. I get it. I already told you that I STILL eat Lenny & Larry’s cookies anyways, even KNOWING they aren’t particularly healthy. So let’s talk about my best and worst flavors of Lenny & Larry’s Complete Cookie. I’ll start from the top and work my way down.
What’s the Best Flavor of Lenny & Larry’s Complete Cookie?
Here is how I would rank and describe each flavor of Lenny & Larry’s cookies. Yes. I have tried them all repeatedly.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter swirl: This is hands-down my favorite. It combines the peanut butter flavor with the double chocolate flavor and the result is INSANELY good. It almost takes on a ‘cheesecake’ like richness that I can’t resist. It’s sweet, salty, and has perfect texture, every time.
- Snickerdoodle: There’s a reason everyone cites the Snickerdoodle as their best flavor of Lenny & Larry’s Complete Cookie. It’s so freaking good. Tons of cinnamon and spice balanced with sweet and salty. Tough to beat.
- Double Chocolate: It’s all about the texture in this one. The double chocolate (not to be confused with the regular chocolate chip), has lots of chunky chocolate bits, and very strong cocoa flavor. It’s probably the least healthy, but one of the best. Third best IMO.
- Birthday Cake: This Lenny & Larry flavor is hit or miss for me. Sometimes I’m really in the mood for it and sometimes I’m not. And sometimes it depends on the batch if the Birthday cake cookie really works or not. If it’s soft and fresh and chewy, this Birthday cake Lenny & Larry’s cookie is a 100 out of 100. If it’s even a little older though, I think it loses a ton of texture and becomes much less enjoyable.
- Chocolate Chip: The plain chocolate chip has nice flavor, but is the one that is MOST OFTEN stale. Yeah. It’s a real thing. Probably every other Chocolate Chip Lenny & Larry’s cookie I buy is stale and crumbly and dry and not great. A fresh one is quite tasty though. Maybe a little too much vanilla flavor though.
- White Chocolate Macadamia: The white chocolate macadamia nut Lenny & Larry’s cookie is the SWEETEST of all flavors, and also is usually the oiliest and softest. It just CAN NOT be healthy. But holy heck is it tasty. So sweet. So moist. That’s what he said. Lol. One of my favorite Lenny and Larry flavors, for sure.
- Peanut Butter: I don’t know how this one is so far down my list- but probably because I’ve eaten SO many peanut butter Lenny & Larry’s cookies. It’s absolutely delicious. But those others are just too good. I would probably try this one first if you are a Lenny & Larry’s cookie-virgin. Lol.
- Lemon Poppyseed: I guess this would be my least favorite of them all, but it’s not bad at all. The lemon flavor is strong, and the texture is usually quite good with this one. I just don’t love lemon all the time.
- Pumpkin Spice (seasonal): This is a flavor I had just once last fall, and it was just okay. Worth a try if you are looking for something new, but not among the top Lenny & Larry flavors by any means.
Okay. Let’s move on. Overall though, you know I’m giving Lenny & Larry’s cookies an A+ for flavor. But. You already knew that. Hopefully my rankings and opinion on the best Lenny & Larry’s cookie flavor helped you out though. Let’s talk packaging.
Lenny & Larry’s Packaging is Nice.
Yeah I don’t want to spend TOO much time on Lenny & Larry’s cookie packaging talk. These things are all bout the flavor. But they do a good job showing you what each cookie looks like. I think the Lenny & Larry’s logo and vibe overall is fun and definitely has helped them get to where they are today. They’ve done a good job. I’ll give them an even ‘B’ on packaging.
Lenny & Larry’s Complete Cookie Review Summary
- Taste A+
- Nutriton C
- Packaging B
- Value B+
Lenny & Larry's Final Score: A
So. Lenny and Larry cookies are not healthy. They aren’t particularly cheap. They don’t look all that spectacular in terms of packaging. But. I’m giving them an A overall. Because they are COOKIES. And all I care about with cookies is the TASTE. And Lenny and Larry’s Complete Cookies taste insanely good. That is all. Now give me a cookie.*